But fear not. Even the most superstitious among us can make 2013 absolutely providential with a little planning. High performing sales organizations operate around four key areas: Sales Insight, Sales Strategy, Sales Coverage, and Sales Enablement. Together, this knowledge helps to create a clear strategy that will make sense on the front line, and drive productivity all year.
Sales Insight comes first, because it’s essential to really understand what’s happening in your market. Without insight into your industry and competitors, it’s next to impossible to plan an effective strategy.
Take the time to consider these key Sales Insight questions before diving into sales strategy or coverage planning for 2013:
- First and foremost, what’s happening in our macro market? What’s happening in our economy overall?
- What about your market? Was 2012 really a banner year for your industry or a dismal one? Why?
- How did your competitors perform this year? Do you know what led to their successes or failures?
- What do your customers say about your sales organization? Did you meet, exceed, or fall short of their expectations this year? Do you truly understand the needs of your customers?
- Where did the revenue for your company come from this year? Did you retain current customers? Did you sell new products or services to those current customers? What percentage of revenue came from new customers?
- What were the major strengths and weaknesses of your sales organization in 2012?
What other ways can you gain insight that will help your planning, and make 2013 the “luckiest” year ever?
To learn more, visit us at SalesGlobe.